Trivia Questions on American Presidents
Explain that these are questions about the more well-known American presidents, 79 points total.
One point questions:
- Which president is associated with not lying about a cherry tree? (Washington)
- Which president had a famous dog named Millie? (Bush)
- Which president particularly liked peanuts? (Carter)
- Which president particularly liked jelly beans? (Reagan)
- Which president had a cat named Socks? (Clinton)
- Which president was involved in Watergate? (Nixon)
Two point questions:
- This president was a great outdoorsman and the "Teddy Bear" was named after him. (Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt)
- Who was the only president to have a beard? (Lincoln)
- Which president and his wife were in Hollywood movies at one time? (Ronald and Nancy Reagan)
- Who became president after the Watergate scandal? (Ford)
- Which president was a general during the Revolutionary War? (Washington)
- Which president was a general during World War II? (Eisenhower).
- Which president had polio as an adult? (Franklin Roosevelt).
- Who was the chairman of the committee that prepared the Declaration of Independence? (Thomas Jefferson)
- Which president had been a general during the Civil War? (Grant)
- Which President had a daughter who married the grandson of president Eisenhower? (Nixon)
Three point questions:
- About which president did Truman say, "I'm not against the Pope. I'm against the Pop?" (Kennedy)
- Which president was once a general in Tennessee; Davy Crockett served under him? (Andrew Jackson)
- Who was president during America's first centennial, 1876? (Grant)
- Who was president during America's bicentennial, 1976? (Ford)
- Who was the first president to visit China while in office? (Nixon)
- Who was the first president to be born in the twentieth century? (Kennedy)
Five point questions:
- Who was the first president to ride in an automobile? After his term of office, he was the first of all the presidents to ride in an airplane. (Theodore Roosevelt).
- Which two presidents were father and son? (Harrison/Harrison)
- Which president described a certain brand of coffee as being "good to the last drop?" That became the company's slogan. (Theodore Roosevelt)
- Who was the first president to be born in a hospital? (Carter)
- Who was the first president whose mother could have voted for him (women had obtained the right to vote)? (Franklin Roosevelt)
- Two former presidents who had signed the Declaration of Independence were very old. One, on his deathbed said feebly, but gratefully, "Thomas Jefferson survives!" Later that same day, Jefferson and this former president both died. The date was July 4th, exactly 50 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Who was the other former president? (Adams)
- Which two presidents were elected 100 years apart, and each had a secretary with the other president's name? (Lincoln was elected in 1860 and had a secretary named Kennedy. Kennedy was elected in 1960 and had a secretary named Lincoln.)
© Copyright 1996, Campus Crusade for Christ.
Lewis & Stanley Publishers
Copies of Touching Your World are available for $15.00 for U.S. addresses and $25.00 for international destinations. Include the appropriate payment and request Touching Your World from
P.O. Box 129
Addison, TX 75001 USA