This reading list is not meant to be exhaustive. There are several books you may use to further educate yourself available from Texans United for Life. Below are a few suggestions to begin your study:
· Aborted Women, Silent No More: Twenty Women Share Their Personal Journeys from
the Tragedy of Abortion to Restored
Wholeness. David C. Reardon.
Loyola University Press, 3441 N. Ashland Ave. Chicago, IL 60657 (1987)
· Helping Women Recover from
Abortion. Nancy Michels.
Bethany House Publishers. 6820 Auto Club Rd. Minneapolis, MN 55438 (1988)
· Abortion Questions and
Answers. Dr. and Mrs. J.C. Wilke.
Hayes Publishing Co., Inc. 6304 Hamilton Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45224 Phone: 513.681.7559 (1990)
· Pro Life Answers to Pro-Choice
Arguments. Randy Alcorn.
Multinomah Press. 10209 S.E. Division St. Portland, OR 97266 (1992)
· When Does Life Begin? And 39 other tough questions about abortion. John Ankerberg and John Weldon.
Wolgemuth & Hyatt Publishers, Inc. 1749 Mallory Lane, Suite 110, Brentwood, TN 37027 (1989)
· Third Time Around: A History of the Pro-Life Movement from the First Century to the Present. George Grant.
Wolgemuth & Hyatt Publishers, Inc. 1749 Mallory Lane, Suite 110, Brentwood, TN 37027 (1991).
· 52 Simple Things You Can Do To Be Pro-Life · Abortion: A Rational Look At an Emotional Issue. R. C. Sproul. (Book, Video and Audio Cassette with Study Guide).
· Abortion in the 90's. (Three 30 minute video tapes from the John Ankerberg Show. Excellent information on history of abortion, scientific evidence of fetal development, answers to pro-abortion arguments and abortion techniques. Very graphic at times.)
· Abortion--The American Holocaust. John Hagee Ministries (Video and Audio Cassette).
· Abortion Techniques. Carol Everett. (Video)
Don't let this list discourage you. Choose the title that speaks most to you and start there.
National Right To Life News (NRLN) also has valuable information concerning current pro-life issues and legislation. The web site is http://www.nrlc.org. E-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Their phone number is: (202) 626-8000.
World, a Christian weekly newsmagazine, is excellent not only as a source for current abortion news but as a well needed alternative to secular news. I recommend it for those seeking a "Biblical worldview." Their E-mail address is: email@example.com and their phone is: (800) 951-6397.
We also recommend The Elliot Institute -- designed to help women cope with post-abortion trauma.
Other Recommended Resource Links:
Home Page of Hope-Net
Memorial for the Unborn
Help & Hope Page
America's CARE-LINK post-abortion recovery support groups list