Session 1: "Jesus Yes -- Christianity -- No!"
- Something's wrong with American Christianity
- Religion is popular, but superficial
- We need prayer that changes lives
Session 2: "True Prayer Defined"
- True prayer opens doors to our deepest needs
- Why Christ seeks permission to come in
- Christ wants to be completely at home
Session 3: "The Four Keys of Effective Prayer"
- Claim the presence of Christ
- Trust Him to take charge
- Be willing for Him to change you/bring you into harmony
Session 4: "Claiming the Presence of Christ"
- Why we need to seek Christís presence
- Paulís prayer for Christís presence & work
- How Christ came to Alliance, Nebraska
Session 5: "Asking Christ to Take Charge"
- How Christ took charge of a divided church
- Why it is vital for Christ to take charge
- We must be alert to His "silence"
Session 6: "Receiving the Gift of Repentance"
- Why we need to become "Repenters"
- Repentance in the church in Acts
- We need days of prayer
Session 7: "Being Led into Harmony"
- The original harmony of God and man
- Harmony destroyed by Adamís fall
- Harmony/Integrity restored through prayer
Session 8: "Prayer & Becoming the True Church"
- The Church...a form of Godliness...
- Claiming life-changing power!
- Exercising power/authority through prayer
Session 9: "When Christ isnít in Charge..."
- Moral chaos reigns in the Christian world
- How the church loses its moral authority
- When Christ leaves and no one notices...
Session 10: "Becoming True Worshippers"
- God is seeking ones to worship Him only
- Godís three exclusive claims on your life!
- Love, trust, serve God with all your heart
Session 11: "Praise: Releasing Faith"
- Praise/Thanksgiving "reverse" trials
- Thanksgiving--itís submission with joy!
- The Goal of the Bible: Enthronement
Session 12: "The Heartbeat of a Live Prayer Meeting"
- The Life of your Prayer Meeting
- Warming up in small groups
- Your heart-cry...Paulís battle-cry
A Special Note to the Instructor: It is your preparation before the class, before the Lord that will really determine the success of this course! We are, of course, ready to help you in any way that we can--just give us a call. But let the following verse be your guide as you prepare to teach this so very vital subject to your people; make it a matter of earnest prayer:
"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." --Col. 3:23-24
[ Table of Contents ]