Becoming Willing For God To Change You AS He Sees Fit
The third key is "EXPECT HIM TO CHANGE EACH ONE OF US." The Bible calls the change we need "repentance". If Job needed to repent what about the rest of us? (Job 42:1-6)
I. Learning to become "repenters."
- Repentance comes from the Greek word metanoia which describes:
the change of mind of those who have begun to abhor their errors and misdeeds, and have determined to enter upon a better course of life, so that it embraces both a recognition of sin and sorrow for it and hearty amendment, the tokens and effects of which are good deeds . . .
(Thayer, Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, 1889, 405-06)
- Our Lord called the churches to repent __SEVEN_________ times in Revelation 2-3.
- The Christians in Romania are called __REPENTERS________.
- Repentance and faith are like ___2_____ sides of a _COIN_____.
- Repentance is a _GIFT______ which God _GRANTS_______ us.
II. Repentance in the church in Acts.
- Jesus received the _PROMISE____ of the __SPIRIT__________ from His Father and poured out the __SPIRIT__________ on the young church (Acts 2:33).
- The belief that Jesus whom they crucified had been _RAISED_____ from the dead and made both _LORD____ and _CHRIST_______ resulted in faith and repentance. (Acts 2:36-39)
- When Saul of Tarsus met the living Lord he __BELIEVED____ and __REPENTED_______.
- The Thessalonians "turned _TO____ ___GOD______ from __IDOLS_____ to __SERVE_________ the living and true God, and to _WAIT________ for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the _DEAD___, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come." (1 Thess. 1:9-10)
- The church of the "repenters" in Acts turned the world _UPSIDE_____ __DOWN____ (Acts 17:6; 19:18-37).
III. We need days of prayer
When Godís bounty was withdrawn our forefathers called for days of prayer to find out why and how to _REVIVE_______ their union of _LOVE______ with Christ.
[ Table of Contents ]