Accountability: The Missing Link
Our society displays far too little correlation between its purported
beliefs and its behavior. Anonymous
The kisses of an enemy may be profuse, but faithful are the wounds of a
friend. Proverbs 27:6
- We see men falling short of their potential every day.
- One of the greatest reasons men get into trouble is that they
don't have to answer to anyone for their lives.
- Every day men fail morally, spiritually, relationally, and
financially; not because they don't want to succeed, but because they
have blind spots and weak spots which they think they can handle on
The Purpose and Definition of Accountability
- Accountability. To be regularly answerable for each of the key
areas of our lives to qualified people.
- The answers we give in an accountability relationship are
primarily for the goals we set and the standards we should live by.
- Key areas of accountability:
- Relationship with God
- Relationship with wife
- Relationship with children
- Use of money and time
- Moral and ethical behavior
- Areas of personal struggle
- An accountability partner
- Pick men who have skill and wisdom, men you respect, men with
whom you feel compatible and whose judgment you trust.
- Be sure to pick someone to cover every area: moral, spiritual,
financial, and relational.
The Difference Between Accountability and Fellowship
- Accountability is to give answers to tough questions we are asked.
- Fellowship doesn't probe with questions because it has never been
asked to do so.
Why Men Are Not Accountable
- Strong personalities
[Previous Chapter | Table of Contents | Next