"I lose my temper, but its all over in a minute," said the
student. "So is the hydrogen bomb," I replied. "But think of the
damage it produces!" George Sweeting
- What makes you angry?
- Occasionally we become angry for a righteous cause, but ninety-
nine percent of the time we become angry because we are selfish and
- I have never lost my temper at the office -- I would never want my
colleagues to think I couldn't control myself.
- Rarely a week goes by in which the sparks of family life don't
provide good tinder for a roaring fire of anger.
Three Angry Men
- Freddie Flash. His anger is a frequency problem.
- Cary Control. His anger is an intensity problem.
- Gary Grudge. His anger is a duration problem.
What Makes Us Angry That Shouldn't
- Violation of rights.
- Disappointment with station in life.
- Blocked goals.
- Feeling misunderstood.
- Unrealistic expectations.
Responding to Anger
- Keep control. "A fool gives vent to his anger, but a wise man
keeps himself under control." Proverbs 29:11
- Overlook offenses. "A man's wisdom gives him patience; but it is
to his glory to overlook an offense." Proverbs 19:11
- Avoid angry men. "Do not make friends with a hot tempered man, do
not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn his ways and get
yourself ensnared." Proverbs 22:24-25
- Appease anger. "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh
word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1
[Previous Chapter | Table of Contents | Next